Changing Face of Norwich
- Redwell Street to St Andrews Plain

One of the many challenges facing the engineers planning tram routes through the City was how (and indeed where) to run the track between Castle Meadow and St Benedict’s. It is best illustrated by our first image from 1884 O/S map where the new link has been marked in orange. As can be clearly seen the planners didn’t let trivialities, such as buildings, get in their way. Although some building were lost as well as part of Garsett House, it did bring the medieval Suckling Hall back into view.

return to gallery button