Changing Face of Norwich
- Orford Place

Orford Place did not exist until the coming of the trams in 1900, when it became the central transport hub for Norwich. That role was short lived as the trams stopped in 1935 and WWII bombing left it wasted until the rebuilding of Curls Department store, which consumed much of it, in 1956. This left Orford Place as we see it today, a somewhat insignifcant back street linking Red Lion street with the Haymarket.

return to gallery button