Norwich Market bibliography
Norwich Market book
White Lion

White Lion Pub, Norwich The White Lion was situated at 10 White Lion Street.It was first licensed in 1760, when Licensing Laws were introduced, but was probably trading before this time. In 1914 it changed its name to the Haymarket Stores finally closing in 1974.

This 1939 photograph taken by George Plunkett, is taken along White Lion Street. The Haymarket Stores is the last building on the left.