Norwich Market bibliography
Norwich Market book
Waterloo Tavern

Waterloo Tavern, NorwichWaterloo tavern 1935 The Waterloo Tavern, 43, Market Place, was first licensed in 1850.

It ceased trading in September 1932 when the premises was sold to Norwich City Council who used it along with neighbouring buildings as office space. The right hand photo, taken in 1935 (reproduced by kind permission of the Norfolk Library and Information Service) shows it in 1935 when it was in use as the Estates Department.

It was destroyed in May 1938 along with all the buildings straddling the Market Place to make way for the development of the new market place and City Hall.