Norwich Market bibliography
Norwich Market book
Two Necked Swan

Two Necked Swantwo necked swan plan The Two Necked Swan, also known as the Swan with Two Necks, was located at 42, Market Place. It is understood to have been first licensed c 1806.

Walter Wicks suggests that the name is a corruption of "the swan with two nicks," the nicks or notches on the swan's beak being a means of identification.

The premises closed as a public house in 1898.


The plan on the right is part of a Market Improvement Report of 1895 and bears the signature of the city engineer (Arthur Collins).