Norwich Market bibliography
Norwich Market book
Half Moon

Half Moon, Norwich Market Place

The Half Moon was situated at 38, Market Place, next door to the Punch Bowl.

It was first licensed in 1761 (but was probably trading before that date) and was also known as the Sportsman and Dog. It was closed under Compensation in 1923.

The photograph was taken in the 1890s and is reproduced by kind permission of the Norfolk Library and Information Service.