Norwich Market bibliography
Norwich Market book
Fruiterers Arms

Fruiteres Arms . George Plunketts photo reproduced by permission of Jonathan Plunkett

The Fruiterers Arms traded from 1869 until 19th December 1989. Up to 1967 the address was 27A The Walk or 27A Market Place after which it became 2 - 4 White Lion Street

The original house was entered either via a passage leading from Gentlemans Walk or from an entrance off the side of the Royal Arcade. A third access from White Lion Street was added c1896.

Here we see George Plunkett's photo of the rear entrance, taken in February1967 just before it was closed for substantial renovations.At the same time it was partially relocated in what had been a grocers shop. The Walk entrance disappeared and the White Lion Street doorway was reinstated by the time of re-opening in 1968.