Norwich Market bibliography
Norwich Market book
Curriers Arms

Curriers Arms . George Plunketts photo reproduced by permission of Jonathan Plunkett

The Curriers Arms, possibly also known as The Farriers Arms, stood at 16 St Giles Street. It was already trading in 1760 when licnesing laws where first introduced and closed in 1928 when the license was surrendered.

The name of "Currier" referred to the leather used in shoemaking, which used to be one of Norwich's major industries.

This photograph taken by George Plunkett in September 1936 was taken just before the building was demolished to make way for the new City Hall.