Norwich Market bibliography
Norwich Market book
Baron of Beef

Albion Tavern. Reproduced by courtesy of Norwich museum and Art Gallery The Baron of Beef was originally located at 36, Market Place, however, in 1874 its name was changed to the Sir Garnet Wolseley and the Baron of Beef took up residence in the site next door to the Albion, which is assumed to be 32, Market Place. Its time as a Public House appears to have been short lived as by 1883 the premises were listed as being refreshment rooms.

The location is pictured here in an extract from a picture of the Market drawn in 1855 by David Hodgson, reproduced by courtesy of the Norwich Museum and Art Gallery. The Albion is the flat roofed corner building on the left. The gabled building next door is the site of the Baron of Beef.